Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July Weekend Part 2: No White T-shirts Allowed

After a great afternoon and evening we decided to head downtown to hang out and get some drinks. We always go to The Mucky Duck, so why break a tradition, right? After standing in line at the door for 5 minutes the bouncer checked my ID and said I could go in. Then as I stood just inside the door and waited for Katie and Patrick he starts to tell me to come back out. Apparently the Duck doesn't allow white t-shirts. "White t-shirts?!? What? You're kidding me right?" He assured me he wasn't. Is this something new? I dunno. I guess I've never worn a white t-shirt there before. Does the color change every night? If I go there tonight wearing a blue t-shirt will I get in? I really don't understand. On the other hand, I'm not surprised. It's the Duck.

So we walked down to Crown & Anchor instead. As the bouncer took my ID I asked "you're not going to not let me in because my shirt is the wrong color are you?" He proceeded to pretend to throw my ID down the street and laugh. I told him what happened and he said "well, that's the Duck. We pride ourselves on not being like the Duck." I had to laugh. I won't say I hate the Duck. I don't. It's nostalgic, a tradition, it's fun to dance, there's usually people you know, on occasion they play the 'white trash mix' and you get to jump around to AC/DC and Joan Jett. But it's certainly not the greatest bar in the world...

Anyhow, we were lucky enough to get a table outside on the patio at Crown and just hung out for a few hours. It was probably for the best anyways since I was wearing really tall shoes and probably would have broken my ankle. But next time I'll just have to make sure that I'm not dressed inappropriately to go somewhere as classy as the Duck!


Do you see what Patrick ordered us
Good stuff!
Katie, is that straight vodka? Oh, right, water with no ice...I guess the ice cost extra...Bestest friends!Did Katie say smile or look like a crazy person?
It's a good thing they married each other, 'cause they're kinda weird...My toes match my drink!Patrick...I loooove you!

1 comment:

~rob said...

Don't be a duck.