Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Experimenting

I went to the grocery store with a list of ingredients for an old favorite (veggie enchiladas) and a few new dishes (home made pizza, chicken and dill souvlaki, and a pasta dish with peppers and mozzarella). Since the hour was getting late while I shopped, I decided that I wanted to make the pizza first. Trader Joes always has pizza dough ready to roll out and cook, so I went there to shop. But they didn't have any!!! So when I went to Safeway my choices were Pillsbury dough from a can or Boboli...I chose the Boboli. And to my surprise, it's not that bad.

I had almost forgotten that I actually do like making pizzas. I would never go back and do it as a job, that's for sure, but I love crafting my perfect pizza. Tonight I spread some olive oil and chopped garlic on the crust, then covered it with a thin layer of spinach, added a layer of mozzarella, a few crumbles of gorgonzola, chopped up chunks of a medium sized tomato, and then another light sprinkle of mozzarella. So easy and it's pretty tasty! A fresh crust would make it better, of course. I need to find a good home made recipe. Also, the gorgonzola was an experiment that wasn't too bad, but I think I would prefer my old favorite, feta. On the other hand, I'd like to try goat cheese too. I'd also like to try to make my own BBQ chicken pizza. I think that will be my next experiment!

4 comments:

Monica said...

i suck at making pizzas! i can never get the crust right. kudos to you on making it work.

~rob said...

Goat cheese is commonly found under another name: feta. Dork

Unknown said...

Noooo waaaay. Feta and goat cheese totally taste different...

~Beth D. said...

i was just thinking about veggie enchiladas the other day! yum!!