Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Countdown

I officially begin my Seattle trip in less than 12 hours....10 hours and 40 minutes to be exact. I'm almost packed and most of my chores are done. I just finished laundry, but I still need to do the dishes, take out the trash, and water my plants. I think two out of three will be waiting for tomorrow morning! And for the moment, I don't feel so excited. Or maybe that's not right. I'm just tired I guess and it won't feel like an actual trip until I'm on the plane. So maybe I should say my trip officially begins in 13 hours and 32 minutes. (obviously I'm excited or I wouldn't be counting down).

Monica and I have quite a list of things to do this week. Besides the 3-day music and art festival (see below) we will be hitting all of the famous Seattle spots, like the Fremont Troll, Gas Works Park, EMP, Space Needle, and Pike Place Market. Some lesser known places we will be going are the Underground Tour, Olympic Sculpture Park, Waterfall Park, Woodland Zoo, Ballard Locks, Museum of Glass, and we will of course ride the SLUT (I'll explain with pictures later). On top of THAT, there are a number of parks we are going to go to, like Golden Gardens Park, Magnuson Park, Green Lake, and the Arboretum. And I can't forget our shopping adventure to the cupcake store, the cookie cutter store, and Archie McPhees. Yup, we're actually going to attempt to "DO IT ALL!" We're so serious about this, not only have we made a list, but we've turned that list into a Google Map and then into an excel spreadsheet Itinerary! A few things did have to be left off unfortunately, like riding the Duck and the Pacific Science Center. But, I suppose we should leave something to do for next time...

Anyhow, our little discussion here has pumped me back up again, so I'm going to go finish all my chores as quickly as I can and get to bed so I can begin this adventure! A real vacation! FINALLY!

1 comment:

~Beth D. said...

What about the famous bookstore? Powells? oh wait. that's Oregon. sorry... not that you needed any more suggestions! have fun! it was good to see you!