Thursday, August 14, 2008

I'm going to Seattle!!!!!

In a nearly last minute decision, I've decided to go up to Seattle to visit Monica and go to a big three day concert festival. I'm sooo excited! I'm pretty much the only one who hasn't been up to visit her since she moved about a year and a half ago. The best part is, I get to spend a whole week up there! I'm leaving the 27th and returning the 3rd of September, so I'll be there over Labor Day.

And the festival is going to be AWESOME! It's Saturday-Monday at the Seattle Center (where the Space Needle is). There's 20 stages with bands, comedians, and performing arts shows plus visual arts exhibitions. Oh, and a burlesque cabaret. We're going to see Mike Doughty, The Old 97's, Beck, Jakob Dylan, STP, The Offspring, and whoever else sounds good. I think we're also going to check out some comedy shows. I really want to see Zach Galifianakis and "Yoga Bitch". I just can't stop telling you how excited I am!

Check out the website:

Other events in the workings:
  • Concours d'Elegance - Helping out Merry on Saturday with signs, get to see LOTS of pretty (EXPENSIVE) cars
  • Erika is visiting for a night on Saturday
  • Camping - Mt. Madonna next weekend with Katie, Patrick, and Kelly
  • Santa Cruz Boardwalk - Sometime soon after Seattle with the co-workers

1 comment:

Monica said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
i am so excited too!!!