Saturday, June 14, 2008

Everyone is coming to visit!

I'm so excited for the next few upcoming weekends! All my favorite people are coming to visit!

Next weekend starts off by going to a wedding in Concord with my friend Merry. I don't know the people, but Merry asked if I wanted to be her "date" so I said what the hell, why not? I guess it's supposed to be and all eco-friendly, recyclable wedding or something like that...basically a hippie wedding! I told Merry "Great! I won't have to shave my legs!" (just kidding). Then we're staying at Mom & Dad's house and will hopefully hook up with Katie & Patrick before we leave. Should be a very interesting weekend.

The following weekend Mom is coming to visit. She might bring Dad too. And I'm going to put them to work! I want to clean up my yard and plant some new plants and do some other household projects before the events of the next two weekends. I might let them get out and go to the beach for a while, but we'll see! And of course, it's always good eats when the 'rents come to town!

Next up is 4th of July weekend and Katie and Patrick are coming again! Probably Kelly too. The 4th is a Friday this year, so they'll get to spend 3 days with me! Last time they spent 4th of July with me it was a ton of trouble, but so much fun! I think a round of Scooby Snacks are in order! I'm thinking we'll spend most of the day at the beach. Take a picnic and stake out a good spot for the fireworks. Last year was my first year of actually being in town for the holiday, but I spent it at a BBQ at Gemma's house. So this year I'm looking forward to partaking in the local activities!

Scooby Snacks on our last 4th of July together

And to top it all off Monica, Ann, and Amber are coming up for Monica's birthday! It's going to be one big slumber party as always. (Ann, make me some pancakes!) On Saturday I'll be hosting Monica's birthday BBQ. And everyone is invited. It will be cozy, but hopefully the weather will be nice and we can use the yard. I'm so excited to be playing hostess. I haven't had a party since I moved in and I miss it! Other than that, I know we're just going to laugh till we drop!

The last time we were all together (Ventura 2006)

So now I better get back to cleaning up my house. I just bought a new bed, so I need to put that together. And I'm taking volunteers for mopping my floors and cleaning my bathroom... If you know anyone who wants to buy a desk and chair let me know because I need to get them outta here!

3 comments:

~rob said...

Sweet, you're blogging! Now I can keep up with your happenings. Make sure that you keep it up (like I've neglected to do over the past week!).

Now post some camping pics of my son!

~rob said...

Oh, and turn off the Word Verification. It sucks!

Monica said...

i miss us! i am excited about july!!!! we need to take a more updated "us" picture