Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Workin' in Truckee

So I just got back from Truckee. And when I say just, I mean 45 minutes ago I walked in my door, put on my PJ's, plopped down on my couch, turned on the TV, and cracked open my computer. (really lets not talk about the addiction) Anyhow, I drove up last night with my boss because we had a meeting at 9:00 this morning. We're working on a wetlands project, doing some delineating and a restoration plan. It's all fun stuff for us. And it's beautiful up there! Such a pretty place to work. This was our second trip up there and both times have been really quick...up one day and back the next. And the long drives make us a little loopy. There was about 20 minutes tonight where I was laughing uncontrollably. And my boss didn't help at all 'cause he's hilarious when he's going nuts. But we're hoping to go back up sometime soon and do some plant work and stay a little longer.

Almost all the plants up there are new to us, so it's not quite as easy and walking around and making a list of plants like we do here. But that's the fun part! Today we took a bunch of plant samples that we will key in the office, but I also took some pictures. I'm kinda bummed because all of the pictures of an awesome lily we found are blurry. Grrr. Hopefully some will still be blooming next time! But here's just a few of the shots I took today. Enjoy! I'm going to go take care of my sunburn and go to bed!

The wet meadow at our site

Delphiniums (My Favorite!)
(Can't remember what this is)
Some kind of mint
Serviceberry


Phacelia sp.


Some kind of Carex

3 comments:

~rob said...

I'm going to steal your computer, burn your pics to a CD, photoshop, print and sell them. Don't worry. You'll get half the profits.

~Beth D. said...

Check out this chicks photos. she's good. and so are you, you could make some extra money on the side.

http://www.jacquelynlee.com/index2.php

Monica said...

is that white flower you can't remember the name of ball gilia?